Sr Design Engineer
San Jose, (none selected) US
As a Senior Design Engineer, you will design analog mixed-signal power management products utilizing leading edge sub-micron BiCMOS /DMOS technologies. Products may include battery chargers, precision battery pack monitors/protectors, and fuel gauges. This position will give you the opportunity to help define, design, and successfully release battery management products that are used in a wide range of portable devices and e-mobility markets. Battery management is a rapidly growing product line at MPS and this is an opportunity to be a key player in our success.
- Design analog and mixed-signal blocks and chip top level
- Comprehensive simulation coverage of all circuits designed
- Contribute to product definition, specification review, feasibility, and architecture
- Assist with design schedule and die size estimation
- Optimize circuit size and performance
- Support post-silicon validation and debug
- BSEE required, MSEE or PhD preferred
- 5+ years of experience in analog/mixed-signal design within an analog power management or battery management semiconductor company
- Comprehensive understanding of power conversion architectures such as buck, boost, buck-boost, etc.
- Experience designing battery charger ICs with multiple control loops or multi-cell battery monitor/protection ICs with precision ADCs
- Experience with low Iq design techniques required for battery powered devices
- Understanding of analog and mixed signal circuits including amplifies, bandgap, data converters and etc.
- Understanding of analog layout techniques
- Understanding of modelling in Verilog A/AMS/System Verilog
- Good verbal and written communication skills