Senior Technical Program Manager
Wilmington, MA US
- Lead the delivery of key programs and product development projects from design to release.
- Work closely with product managers to gather customer requirements and develop the project scope document including cost and time estimates.
- Project management: resource planning, risk analysis and management, time management, progress monitoring, and team motivation
- Clearly and effectively communicate goals, roles and responsibilities, assumptions, and expectations to cross-functional extended project teams, internal resources, and consultants.
- Proactively work to remove project obstacles, identify and manage issue escalations, and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities
- Actively drive the enhancement of project management processes and tools to improve project performance
- Provide objective, transparent, accurate, timely status reports and program summaries to stakeholders including scope/schedule/quality risks, project status, resource allocation, and customer impact
- Mentor and lead other project managers in the adoption of best practices
Qualifications & Skills
- 5+ years of experience in technical program management / new product development using stage gate, agile, and other formalized processes.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar related field
- Experience leading complex, cross-functional projects with budgets in excess of $1M
- Experience developing system-level requirements for design, development, and validation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - ability to communicate to various levels of management and employees
- Strong influence management skills - ability to work cooperatively at all levels in a matrix environment to build and maintain the positive relationships required to accomplish organizational goals
- Experience implementing a web-based program management system