Senior Quality Control Engineer
Union City, CA US
· Education: BS In Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or similar field.
· Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment. CQE is a plus.
· Requires strong organizational and time management skills, close attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities.
· Strong computer skills, proficient with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, e-mail, and meeting management software. Ability to use internet and web-based resources efficiently and effectively.
· Must possess strong analytical skills and the ability to identify trends and establish proactive corrective actions. Must have demonstrated statistical analysis SPC and process capability.
· Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. Must be an effective listener, able to maintain focus extract necessary information and validate understanding of the information. Able to create effective reports, presentations, and business correspondence.
· Must possess excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to develop and manage to a project plan, establish priorities, work to deadlines, and control several projects at various stages of work. Precise execution and ability to deliver results. Team player creating synergy for effective problem solving on quality issues.
· Strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to supervise and manage others.
· Provide leadership, guidance, development, and motivation to staff to achieve superior results and accomplish overall business objectives.
· Manages staff. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work, promotional and salary recommendations, coaching and developing talent, addressing complaints, and resolving problems. Carries
out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
· Establishes and maintains employee performance standards. Works with employees to set goals and define development needs. Provides ongoing, timely feedback and periodic formal performance evaluations, per company guidelines.
· Coaches, trains, and develops team members.
· Additional duties as required.
· ISO 9001 Certified Auditor
· FMEA, Control Plan, APQP, PPAP knowledge
· 8D Problem Solving Methodology
· Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
What Will You Do?
· Responsible for development and implementation of activities that support plant/corporate quality objectives. Perform Quality risk, implement Corrective Actions and Process Control Plan. Develop policy and procedures to support business.
· Prioritize and monitor the activities of Quality Department personnel that support plant objectives to assure they are in alignment with the critical activities supporting plant objectives. Follow up and prioritize with hands-on approach as needed by the plant. Analyze quality data and report results in terms of impact to the plant objectives and continuous improvement. Utilize Quality tools to eliminate waste. Assure QA department is responsive to plant and corporate needs.
· Quality reporting, corrective/preventive actions and customer complaint tracking.
· Responsible for interfacing with suppliers and Customer Service as it relates to supplied parts and customer complaints. Proactive approach to find root cause and establish customer feedback and follow up.
· Interface with New Product Development and Plant Project Leaders to assure the activities related to new products coming to Concord meet the project plan.
· Conduct analysis of manufacturing processes for improvement.
· Ensures clear and timely communication with support personnel and senior management with regards to quality issues and corrective actions.
· Performs other similar and related duties as required.