Concord, CA US
- Negotiates with suppliers
- Manage daily (JIT) delivery schedules
- Schedule deliveries with trucking companies
- Schedule container deliveries with overseas suppliers & logistic companies
- Manage Packaging/Crating Buying & Scheduling deliveries to suppliers & factory
- Performs contract analysis & landed cost product analysis
- Manage risk analysis report to Senior Management weekly
- Report current & forecasted spend weekly
- Code & Resolve Invoice Discrepancies
- Manage end of life products
- Minimize excess and obsolete materials
- Enters purchase orders for production parts, engineering parts, services and MRO
- Negotiates Supplier Agreements
- Participates with supplier quality department on surveys and first articles
- Maintains contracts and nondisclosure agreements
- Participates in ECO implementation
- Team member MRB, coordinate MRB disposition and return to vendor process
- Evaluate supplier performance with supplier quality group
- Performs all other tasks as required
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in business or related field required; eight years of buying /purchasing experience in a manufacturing setting required.
- LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- MATH ABILITY: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- TECHNICAL SKILLS: knowledge of MRP a plus
- COMPUTER SKILLS: Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: APICS, CPIM/CPM classes complete or in process
- EQUIPMENT AND DEVICE OPERATION: No special equipment required
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for and own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; recognize, initiate projects, asks for and offers help when needed
- Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully and provides solutions in complex situations. Identify items requiring additional information or action
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Ability to multi task and provide accurate information in a fast paced setting
- Ability to Negotiate purchase orders, to meet long-range quality delivery and cost targets, work order creation, issue, and close out.
- Knowledge of Global commodity industry