Regulatory Compliance Director
Saugus, CA US
The Regulatory Compliance Director will inspect and evaluate the environment, equipment, and processes in working areas to ensure compliance with government environmental and safety regulations and industry standards. This position requires a high profile, visible environmental role with extensive experience to deal with the environmental challenges of operating a chemical manufacturing business. Establish compliance procedures and develop organizational strategies to ensure the company complies with all federal, state, and local regulations. The Regulatory Compliance director shall evaluate industry trends and follow proposed legislation concerning the chemical industry. The primary goal is to protect the employees, facilities, and the environment by implementing policies to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Serve as the company's Compliance policy leader, using the visibility of the role, in collaboration with the plant Site leaders, to ensure consistent application and interpretations of the environmental elements of the company's compliance policy and implementing principles.
- Audit safety inspections and accident investigations on a regular basis to give recommendations to prevent/correct safety hazards; ensure compliance with OSHA standards are always being met at the jobsite.
- Collaborate with and challenge site leaders and plant level EHS personnel to ensure that adequate controls and processes are in place to mitigate material environmental risks.
- Inspect and audit company facilities to identify hazardous materials and environmental compliance and potential risks.
- Perform inspections, audit risks and work to address any related issues.
- Develop and implement inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections.
- Develop environmental and regulatory compliance procedures for all areas of the company.
- Prepare and schedule training to cover regulatory compliance procedures, and other relevant topics.
- Promote regulatory compliance initiatives and perform relevant periodic training to all departments involved in the company’s compliance program.
- Monitor compliance with regulatory procedures.
- Draft inspection reports to document inspection findings and track corrective actions.
- Work closely with Site Leaders to minimize/eliminate hazardous conditions with the workplace for compliance management.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills:
- Chemistry knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods. Examples include but are not limited to - Working knowledge of environmental media and fate of environmental pollutants.
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies related to facility air permitting, hazardous material / waste management, Risk Management Plans, pesticide management, and stormwater management.
- Knowledge of DHS security regulations, DOT transportation regulations, and Fire Code compliance.
- Leadership Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Critical thinking, using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to update training and SOPs.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.