Redwood City, NV US
We are seeking a talented and driven Network Engineer with experience in routing, switching, and network security to join our dynamic team. As a Network Engineer, you will play a critical role in managing office and game production network environments across North America, Europe, and Asia. Working closely with our Systems Engineers and Security Engineers, you will contribute to delivering exceptional gameplay experiences to our players worldwide.
Responsibilities & Job Duties
• Manage the production and office network environments to ensure optimal performance.
• Execute network-related projects and tasks, ensuring timely and cost-effective completion.
• Provide technical expertise in evaluating, recommending, and implementing cutting-edge industry solutions to meet the needs of a next-generation gaming environment.
• Design data center network architecture and develop long-term strategies to address game server communication requirements, system enhancements, security demands, and application improvements.
• Create comprehensive written documentation for new and existing systems, including network diagrams, system overviews, knowledge base entries, service level agreements, maintenance windows, and support contact information.
• Collaborate with the Security team in defining network security policies, implementing and continuously enhancing network security architecture.
• Support various network technologies to maintain network availability and stability, proactively assess potential issues, and develop solutions to address problems and improve overall network quality and service uptime.
• Provide network engineering support to other game development studios.
• Optimize network performance and plan for capacity needs.
• Participate in an on-call schedule, including maintenance windows.
• BS Degree in a technical discipline (CS, CIS, EE) or equivalent work experience.
• 2 or more years of experience supporting enterprise-level TCP/IP networks.
• Experience with OSPF and BGP routing protocols; extensive experience with Layer 2 features such as VLANs, MSTP, PVST+, LLDP, MLAG.
• Experience with Juniper routers and firewalls.
• Experience with Cisco, Huawei, and Force10 switches.
• Experience with site-to-site and remote access VPN solutions.
• User-level experience with Windows/Linux operating systems.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively to solve complex problems.
• Self-motivated, adaptable, and committed to continuous improvement and skill expansion.
• Excellent verbal and written English-language communication skills.
· Experience with cloud computing and networking. (Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, etc).
· Experience with EVPN and VXLAN.
· Demonstrated ability to develop/modify scripts (Python, Ansible, Bash script) for job automation