Santa Clara, CA US
Our company, a leader in world-class model-based design services for drug delivery and other medical devices, seeks an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to help develop medical devices suitable for high volume manufacturing and serve our international client base. We plan to grow our company in a measured, risk-managed fashion into a company that is grounded in the principles of fair treatment of staff and delivering value to our clients. One of our Core Values is to operate openly and transparently, with a management approach rooted in servant leadership.
The ideal candidate is:
· Results focused, comfortable taking managed risks and creating solutions
· A collaborative worker and independent thinker
· Thoughtful and curious, with a well-organized work-style
· Organized, self-directed and motivated, and able to prioritize and deliver efficiently
· Dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot quickly to keep up with business demands
· Comfortable in a leadership role and an individual contributor role
· Comfortable with uncertainty
The ideal candidate will:
· Work effectively in project teams with as few as 2 members and as many as 10 members
· Perform analysis, modeling, design, and test in support of development of medical devices that meet user and client needs
· Comfortably switch between work in different development phases spanning brainstorming and concept development to detail design development, implementation, and test, and transfer to manufacturing
· Develop highly functional, manufacturable, assemblable, reliable and cost-effective products
· Provide objective basis for design and technical decisions
· BSME minimum, MSME preferred with a record of academic and project experience
· 1 to 5 years’ experience in a product development environment
· Good knowledge of materials and manufacturing methods including metal forming, plastics (molding, extruding), machining, casting, etc.
· Highly developed, current and usable mechanical engineering technical skill set
· Proficiency with CAD (Solidworks) and analysis tools (Matlab, Mathcad, FEA, etc.)
· Proficiency with office systems such as Windows 365 and Office Suite, MSFT Teams.
· Strong, confident, written and verbal communication skills
· Team player with outstanding people skills