Cupertino, CA US
We are seeking an innovative mechanical engineer candidate with strong design
engineering skills to develop novel test fixtures for failure analysis test equipments. The
successful candidate must be able to carry out design projects from start (concept and
CAD) to prototyping and trouble-shooting, utilizing their strong creative problem solving
skills and ability to “think outside the box”. Experience in failure analysis is a plus. Being
self motivated, able to work independently and well in a team oriented environment are
desirable skills for this position.
• Proven team player with experience in working with people of diverse
• Experience with materials selection and design of pneumatics & electro mechanical systems
• Experience with industry standard CAD design software.
• Experience with hands-on trouble shooting of mechanical and electrical
• Experience applying basic metrology
• Knowledge of failure analysis techniques and equipments
• Experience qualifying equipment. This includes planning, developing and
implementing equipment qualification procedures, as well as compiling data and
making recommendations using appropriate statistical metrics, tools and
• Experience sourcing equipment and fixtures from third-party suppliers.
• Strong relationship building, teamwork and peer influencing skills.
• Clear ability to self-manage priorities and work deliverables.
• Flexible, adaptable mind-set. Able to lead multiple fixture designs simultaneously.
• Ability to create practical and innovative solutions.
• Experience with robot technology desirable
The candidate will design, source and qualify the necessary mechanical tools, fixtures
and equipment for failure analysis. This involves taking a design from concept to
prototyping. Additionally, the candidate will be expected to have close interactions with
vendors and cross functional teams to ensure robust design of mechanical systems.
Figuring out test fixture requirements
Developing mechanical design concepts for test equipment
Leading technical design reviews with key internal / external partners
Troubleshooting existing equipments
Contribute to workflow, completing failure analysis projects
Mechanical Engineer - Fixture Design 09/10/2021
BS/MS in Mechanical Engineer with three to five years in a mechanical engineering role
with experience in fixture design. Experience in failure analysis desired