Fremont, CA US
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Generate and maintain BOMs and Routings within SAP-B1
· Generate detailed Work Instructions to supplement Routings when required
· Manage the Engineering Change Request process:
o Drawing release and changes
o BOM/Routing release and changes
o Work Instruction and test procedure changes
· Initiate process improvement through continued study of existing manufacturing processes, including the Identification of new capabilities, tools, and equipment
· Manage and maintain Preventative Maintenance instructions for all facility equipment
· Provide technical input to the Quality Materials Review Board
· Support facilities improvement and general capital equipment
TYPICAL DAILY TASKS AND RESOURCES
· Attend and actively participate in Manufacturing’s daily stand-up meeting
· Provide daily status of Engineering actions to Production Control
· Review and resolve Engineering Requests submitted by manufacturing personnel
· Enter new Engineering Change Requests and update status of open requests daily
· As part of the quoting process, review BOMs and Routings within SAP-B1, compare against internal and customer drawings, proactively identify and resolve inaccuracies (components, operations, time standards, etc.), ambiguity, and incomplete documentation
· Review new designs for manufacturability
· Perform daily equipment and process validations
· Participate in Material Review Board meetings and activities
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline (required)
· 5 years minimum Engineering experience
· New Product Introduction experience
· Technical industry experience
· Manufacturing operations experience
· Welding process experience and welding specification (ASME, AWS, ISO) knowledgeable
· Hands-on 3D Printing capabilities and knowledge
· Lean, Six Sigma, quality assurance experience
· Document Control
· Efficient process flow
· Strict adherence to procedures
· Lean, Six Sigma, Quality Assurance
· CAD (Solid Works, etc.)
· Leadership. Ability to influence and inspire coworkers to fulfill
· Diverse Communication. Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with a diverse group of colleagues, including Supply Chain, Quality & Continual Improvement, Assembly Services, Production Control and Warehouse.
· High Standards. Commitment to excellence and high standards.
· Prioritization. Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
· Decision-maker. Ability to make informed decisions easily and decisively.
· Semi-Autonomous Collaboration. Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
· Precision. Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
· Professional appearance and demeanor.
· Adaptability. Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
· Financial Responsibility. Makes decisions that are fiscally responsible and compatible with company goals and objectives