Concord, CA US
· Works as a liaison between Engineering, Production, Quality and Customer Service
· Works with internal and external customers to ensure manufactured product meet specifications
· Interprets internal and external requirements and ensures compliance with requirements for new as well as running programs
· Develops assembly and test fixtures for electro-mechanical assemblies
· Designs and implements methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection
· Works with engineering and production to define/formulate as well as execute Factory Acceptance Tests for new products and parts
· Supports production problem identification, loss reporting and continuous improvement
· Creates CAD model changes using SolidWorks, evaluating design changes for tolerance stack up and product robustness
· Generates and implements redlines and design enhancements as required
· Develops and maintains manufacturing related product documentation and processes
· Performs process capability studies. Performs internal and external audits.
· Performs Data Analysis towards improvement in process control
· Leads the production floor in the implementation of the DFT and LEAN principles
· Applies systematic approach to Problem Solving and Decision Making to find and resolve production and supplier and customer related issues
· Works directly with suppliers on non-conforming materials, supplier performance and improvement as applicable
· Creates and implements Advance Quality Plans including FMEA, Control Plans, Process Flows.
· Supports Quality Management Initiatives and prepares QA reports
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability generally required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s degree, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related field
· Previous experience as a Manufacturing Engineer including experience interacting closely with customers and suppliers
· Proficiency in SolidWorks a must and experience in AutoCAD a plus
· Ability to read and interpret drawings and electrical schematics
· Basic Understanding of Electro-Mechanical Assemblies, Electrical and Electronic devices
· Familiar with various manufacturing methods including sheet metal fabrication, composites, CNC machining, wiring and harnessing. Experience with RF theory and application a plus.
· Hands on product assembly and test experience in an electro-mechanical assembly and manufacturing environment
· Solid understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
· Experience with development of assembly and test fixtures as well as testing and troubleshooting of electro-mechanical assemblies
· Problem solving skills such as 5-WHY, 8D, Root Cause and Corrective Action, CAPAs and Data Analysis capabilities
· Working knowledge of Value Stream Mapping, APQP, FMEA, Control Plans, PPAP, SPC
· Understanding of Lean, Six Sigma, Cellular Manufacturing, and Continuous Improvement concepts
· Some knowledge of AS9100 or ISO9001 requirements as in AS9102 FAIR/First Article Requirements
· Proficiency with MS office products (Word, Visio, Excel, PPT, Access)
· Experience working with MRP/ERP systems required
OTHER ESSENTIAL SKILLS
· Problem Solving – Has a deep understanding of problem solving, failure analysis and root cause analysis. Gathers information skillfully and provides solutions in complex situations.
· Dependability - Takes responsibility for and own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
· Initiative - Volunteers readily; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; recognize, initiate projects, asks for and offers help when needed
· Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings
· Multi-task - Ability to multitask and provide accurate information in a fast-paced setting
· Ethics & Trust - Understands the need for ethics in business. Demonstrates proper business conduct. Maintains confidentiality and can be trusted.
· Teamwork - Understands the need for teamwork. Can work effectively as a team member and supports and encourages others.
· Travel - Willingness to travel to customer and supplier locations, travel up to 25%.