Customer Quality Engineer
San Jose, CA US
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for directing the activities of Quality Engineering function with an emphasis on product quality, on time delivery, and production efficiency.
- Assume the role of a focal point to the customer for quality engineering activities and issues.
- Work with the manufacturing to ensure quality engineering readiness.
- Manage internal and external CAPAs
- Drive, coordinate and be familiar with Process Validation (PV)
- Drive, coordinate and be familiar with Product Validation Plan (PVP) and Master Validation Plan (MVP)
- Take responsibility for the development of product assembly and quality plans.
- Provide feedback to the customer with respect to product performance and suggest avenues for improvement.
- Provide detailed information to the business team with respect to process yield
- Develop standards and methods for inspection and sampling procedures.
- Drive quality improvement initiatives using quality tools
- Work to reduce waste and process related defects.
- Manage statistical investigation on quality problems, methods, processes, and equipment through the use of knowledge of reliability, maintainability, and risk management, Including key terms and definitions, modeling, systems design, assessment tools, and reporting tools.
- Lead cross-functional problem-solving teams and implement quality improvement tools and techniques using management and planning tools, quality tools, and preventive and corrective actions to overcome barriers to continuous quality improvements.
- Customer Corrective Action Support: Drive customer corrective actions by carrying out root cause failure analysis, cross-sectioning, dimensional analysis, or other means. In addition, communicate with customers when necessary to ensure verification of corrective actions.
- Internal Communication: Ensure production information is communicated consistently and effectively throughout the line. This communication might include inspection instructions, customer complaints, production scheduling, or other specific instructions.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Strong knowledge of PCBA (SMT and PTH) Box-Build and repair (RMA) business is a must.
- Extensive knowledge and certified internal auditor in ISO 9001:2000 or AS9100, ISO13485, and ISO14001:2004.
- Knowledge in IPC and JEDEC standards.
- Statistical Process Control and / or Six-Sigma capabilities
- Understanding of RoHS requirements
- Very good understanding of quality data reporting and analysis
- Excellent written and oral skills are a must.
- Experience of dealing directly with customers regarding quality issues.
- In depth knowledge of quality tools and experience of implementation.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Proven track record of leading excellent results.
- Strong negotiation skills and a commitment to bust barriers and champion the needs of the production team are critical.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Flexibility to support the needs of all shifts with direct contact and active leadership is required.
- Ability to lead root cause analysis and problem solving activities.
- Ability to execute plans.
- Minimum 3 to 6 years related experience in a `high tech', fast paced PCBA/System Build environment including supervision.
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVEL
- Bachelor’s Degree