Fremont, CA US
- Apply chemistry first principles to provide direction for product development, material evaluations, and battery applications.
- Develop and perform experiments to realize new and improved materials with unique properties to improve performance of batteries.
- Perform electrochemical characterization, abuse testing, battery degradation and failure mode analysis to optimize battery performance and reliability.
- Perform various battery fabrication techniques and conduct battery testing and characterization including calendar life, cycle life, rate capability, cyclic voltammetry, AC impedance and others as needed.
- Perform battery abuse testing including electrical, thermal, and mechanical abuse.
- Develop test strategies, hardware and software needed to validate the performance of battery systems in an R&D environment.
- Analyze data and apply conclusions to iteratively develop experimental design.
- Generate regular progress reports and keep supervisor informed of testing status and results.
- Work independently and efficiently to meet deliverables within timeline and budgetary constraints.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or a related field, MS with 3-5 years or PhD with 2-3 years of experience.
- Exceptional knowledge of electrochemical testing methods and battery technology.
- Deep understanding of fundamental material characterization techniques and material synthesis methods.
- Familiar with various material characterization techniques, such as SEM, XRD, BET, etc.
- Basic knowledge of scientific laboratory procedures, techniques, equipment, and apparatus used in a chemistry laboratory.
- Basic knowledge of health and safety practices and precautions applicable to a chemistry laboratory.
- Ability to operate, adapt and maintain laboratory equipment effectively and safely.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Familiarity with computational chemistry and Python.
- Excellent communication, prioritization, attention to detail, and organizational skillsets
- Ability to apply research and statistical analysis techniques to make sound, data-driven conclusions.
- Ability to work multi-task with cross-functional teams.
- Strong passion for startups and energy industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills