Automation Maintenance Technician
Fremont, CA US
The Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the lifecycles of this company's equipment and tools, including the installation, calibration, qualification, troubleshooting, modification, and repair of hydraulic, pneumatic, laser, electrical, and mechanical systems. The technician will perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on semi-automated and automated production equipment and work closely with production staff to prioritize job tasks. The role requires someone who is highly detail-oriented and able to understand build processes, as well as adapt to a variety of technologies used in manufacturing.
- Repair, maintain and troubleshoot assembly, automation, product fixtures, auxiliary equipment, grinders, dryers, welders, etc.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance on all factory equipment as per equipment manufacturer specifications, or other specifications for custom equipment designed internally or by external vendors.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering teams, help build equipment, shelving, racking and other mechanical assemblies used in production
- Dismantle and inspect parts, rebuild and overhaul complete machines and troublesome machine components.
- Perform electrical repairs to machines and equipment. Diagnose electrical / electronic malfunctions. Must be able to read wiring diagrams.
- Work from machine drawings (electrical, mechanical, etc.), plans, sketches, assembly drawings, and layouts.
- Use precision measuring instruments such as scales, calipers, dividers, levels, micrometers, etc.
- This position may also have responsibility for some facility duties listed under the Facility Technician.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Strong mechanical, hydraulics, and pneumatic maintenance skills, ability to troubleshoot and repair all production facility equipment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in collaboration with others to make improvements through experimentation and drive toward standardized methods.
- Proficient in the following trades or skills is strongly preferred: welding (MIG, TIG, Arc), electronics wiring, air compressor diagnostics and repair, machine shop equipment (lathe, drill press, vertical mill), hydraulic circuits, and PLC logic.
- Understand and carry out written and verbal instructions.
- Effectively prioritize and conduct duties with minimal supervision.
- Ability to diagnose equipment malfunctions where limited information exists.
- Read, write and understand English.
- Proficient with documenting work completed in report format.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Knowledge of Solidworks is preferred but not required.
- Energy Storage/Battery manufacturing experience a plus but not required.
- Ability to stand for long durations and able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Willing to work overtime and weekends as required.
- Understanding of 6S in the workplace.
- Experience following and enforcing safety protocol, using proper PPE (including respirator), and abiding by OSHA standards.
- Adhere to any other company expectations for maintaining and fostering a safe work environment and culture
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- Associate degree or equivalent from a 2 year institute and minimum 3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience