WLAN Protocol Engineer
San Jose, CA
An individual contributor to deliver custom solutions having WLAN protocol enhancements over the core 802.11 Protocol and other features.
Solutions work on embedded WLAN platforms and on firmware running on WLAN SoCs,
- Design, develop and debug the 802.11 MAC & Phy layers Driver and Firmware.
- Excellent 802.11 MAC & Phy layer knowledge.
- Must be familiar with BRCM, QCA, Intel, Marvell, MTK and Realtek WLAN MAC & Phy Layers.
- Work with Hardware and System teams to plan, design, implement and deploy key wireless networking changes and features.
- Optimize WLAN to handle packet loss due to WLAN & Non-WLAN interference and packet loss due to network congestion (FIFO/Internet speed, etc…)
- WLAN Phy & MAC layer configuration validation (register setting changes)
- Channel selection algorithm for both 2.4GHz & 5GHz
- Must be an integral part of the WLAN Product Software Release cycles.
- The work involves a lot of collaboration and interaction with other groups (internal and external).
- Excellent communications skills and team spirit are required.
- PhD + 1yr / MS + 3yrs in EE/CS with
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of wireless medium access, the solutions and the standards such as 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax/ad, 802.11k/v/r, 802.11 DCF/EDCA, 802.11h, U-ASPD, CCA, ACS/DCS.
- Good knowledge of 802.11 protocol especially the MAC layer and whole protocol stack example PHY, TCP, etc..
- Understand the interaction of the MAC layer between other layers and be able to identify and solve potential problems.
- Able to model, analyze, simulate wireless networks and test in real world, mostly the MAC layer.
- C programming is a must. Python, TCL and MATLAB are highly desired. Assembly, Perl and other script languages are a plus.
- Percent of Travel Required: 10~25%
- Function: R&D
- Discipline: Systems Design