Morgan Hill, CA
This company is a leading supplier of thermoplastic and thermoset composite materials for the aerospace and industrial advanced composite industry. The thermoset composites are used on satellites, radomes, unmanned aircraft, general aviation and military aircraft. This company also provides thermoset composites in high end industrial and recreational applications ranging from oil and gas to prosthetics to sporting equipment. We provide thermoset materials with epoxy, BMI, cyanate ester or high temperature polyimide resin matrices. The company thermoplastic prepregs are known in the industry under the Cetex® brand and are found in commercial and military aircraft ranging from structural to interior applications. This company provides both thermoplastic prepregs in unitape or fabric form in a variety of high end thermoplastics including PEEK,
PPS, PEI as well as a full line of performance thermoplastics including Nylon, PET, PC/ABS, HDPE, and PP.
The individual contributor role of the testing engineer is to be the primary technical resource for the materials acceptance laboratory. This cross-functional and highly visible position works closely with the lab supervisor and technicians, the QA department, and the Expert Services group to deliver to our customers a world-class testing laboratory with the process mindset of efficiency and throughput optimization. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and highly motivated with a background in materials science/materials testing and an aptitude for operational excellence. Program or project experience with a technical role is a plus as well as previous experience with NADCAP. The Testing Engineer reports directly to the Director of Quality with a dotted line to the lab supervision.
- Primary interface and project leader for NADCAP lab accreditation inclusive of audit prep and execution and corrective action completion.
- Drives and promotes continuous improvement as a project leader and facilitator for lab testing operational process and efficiency.
- Project lead for the equipment effectiveness and the identification, justification and execution capital projects.
- Primary resource for the investigation of test failures and failure mode analysis.
- Maintain and implement up-to-date industry best practices for composites testing from concept through test method completion and technician training.
- Proactively implement, promote and maintain a safe working environment through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and rule enforcement.
- Any other relevant function at the discretion of QA Senior Leadership.
EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of 4 years in a lab environment with at least 2 years in a technical engineering position.
- Previous program or project engineering experience with proven deliverable results are required.
- Chemistry, Materials, Engineering or other relevant Bachelor of Science degree in a related discipline is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Composite materials testing and NADCAP lab accreditation experience is strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to edit and write technical documents.
- Must be familiar with computer systems including MS Office and data base systems
- Must be able to communicate clearly (written and verbally) in English
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with all levels of the company, customers and regulatory agencies