Test Design Lead
Santa Clara, CA
HWTE is looking for an Engineering Service Candidate with strong Engineering background and good management and communication skills for a TDL (Test Design Lead) role
Key responsibilities of the TDL role are;
- Tracking test solution end to end for the project
- Fully understand test ecosystem
- Assembly process
- Test instrumentation
- Infrastructure & Process control
- Test line optimization and scalability
- Company New Product Process
- Contact window for EE/EPM/OPsTE
- Fully understand internal process to make the best judgement for
- Resource allocation
- Test line readiness
- Highlight critical paths
- Material/Fixture/EQ Validation plan for each build.
Coordination & Initiatives
- Lead/host the dry run, regression, build status meetings
- Driving the internal cross functional team cooperation
- Fluent English in speaking, listening, reading and writing.
- Knowing the technologies which apply to each station
- Executives Review Presentation
- Spontaneous respond to company TDLs
- Executive summary
- Consolidate and make sure the data integrity of the key fall-out, root cause report from entire line.
- Yield bridge documentation
- Consolidate all station bring-up status and results
- DRI or Vendor PM will provide accurate and complete account of work / hours logged on a weekly basis
- Include: Who worked on the project for a given period? What was accomplished?
- Invoices should be sent in a timely manner. OK2Pay based on above reported work.
- Update station overlays as new software bundle becomes available.
- Create Radar components to track test plan and test images.
- Validate latest image, software bundle and test commands work as expected before releasing the updated overlay to the factory.
- Screen station failures; debug station software/hardware related failures so that no false fails are caused by station problems.
- Verify overlay validation results.
- Train fixture vendor and CM on station FA steps.
- Review/approve fixture vendor hardware/software design.
- Coordinate logistics for fixture vendors, CM and the company. These include, but not limited to: release appropriate company product document to fixture vendor, manage fixture delivery schedule, manage vendor access list to CM and company facilities.
Other Requirements and Clarifications (All Dates Subject to Change):
- To support the above task, we will need a full time engineer who is experienced in SW, HW, fixture design and project management
- Engineer should be based in Cupertino and available to travel to factories in China at a moment’s notice.
- Most of the support and development work can be done in Cupertino except for two cases: 1) The requirements are changing rapidly and we need someone on the ground in China to provide fast turn around time. 2) Some critical features need to be tested in the factory before it can be released for production use.
- All software will be checked into the company’s source control database.
Support ongoing builds and MP products
- Create Radar components to track test flow control issues
- Train CM TDLs on TDL regular reports during the build.
- Communicate with CM station DRIs for daily station readiness track.