San Jose, CA
- Lead projects to determine existing and new market needs, and identify opportunities to increase market share or revenue. Work with a core group to define the strategy and tactics needed to achieve goals and help execute. Examples of strategy could be creating plans to access veterinary pathology market. Examples of tactics include: determining addressable market size from market reports, making customer visits, attending conferences, attending trade shows, networking, etc. This role requires ability to lead multiple projects concurrently, for example, organizing equipment for pathology tradeshows and writing reports on specific markets.
- Develop messaging and content for website, newsletters and other marketing activities through discussions with customers, reading scientific literature, and discussions with colleagues. Content creation may require writing directly or managing a consultant or other colleague through the writing process. Represent Company brand and products by creating and giving presentations to customers, speaking at and organizing webinars. Collaborate with HC, HPK and HPEU to make sure content is appropriately placed on website and shared with customer base.
- Create tools that the sales force can use to present our company and products to customers while staying on-brand and on-message. With expanding presence in clinical and pre-clinical markets, it will be necessary to create presentations targeted to specific stakeholders.
- Help develop new product ideas. This involves researching via marketing reports, marketing databases, meeting with customers (finding unmet needs and future trends), attending trade shows, collecting information from internal colleagues, and data mining of HC's databases, such as CMS and CRM systems. Analyze this information to develop ideas for new products, understand our existing markets, and find new markets. These markets are analyzed by market segmentations. Determine the potential of each market segment for existing and new product ideas; select target market segments (involves demographics and positioning). Establish profit forecasts of targeted segments. Analyze competitive products.
- 5 years of overall business experience in the scientific/medical/imaging field
- 3 years marketing, sales or consulting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Previous experience with mining CRM data
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across functional boundaries, internally and externally, with experience in coordinating activities with clinical, technical, and business-oriented partners
- Experience leading marketing campaigns and content generation
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to mobilize action across different countries / culture
- Experience with FDA cleared devices
- Strong customer focus and relationship building skills; experience in developing effective relationships across a diverse group of clinical and nonclinical stakeholders across all levels of hospital organizations
- Advanced degree in science