The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Service Standards of the Hospital(s).
- Develops, builds, and sustains a strong working relationships and partnerships with IS customers. Accountable for quality of services and solutions delivered.
- Manages the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning; develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
- Develops effective, efficient, and rigorous processes and methodologies which include monitoring and reporting.
- Develops IS plans at tactical levels and then following through on execution of the plans. Develops system and organizational roadmaps that ensure business and service continuity.
- Manages key projects and programs. Collaborates and works with other IT groups while providing key inputs and guidance for the overall management of IS. Will mentor others working on such projects.
- Manages key vendors, contractors, and cloud providers. Ensures compliance with security and regulatory requirements including HIPAA
- Provides estimates, forecasting and work planning assistance.
- Establishes SLAs and KPIs aligned to business objectives.
- Oversees procurement of software and hardware and management of IS assets and inventory.
- Provides configuration management and accurately assesses the impact of modifications and vulnerabilities for each information security system.
- Manages annual fiscal planning and budgets for the infrastructure group.
- Performs supervisory functions by interviewing, selecting, and providing training for new staff; by approving or disapproving recommendations from subordinate staff on personal actions; by evaluation subordinates’ performance; by hearing and resolving employee grievance; and by determining the need for and initiating disciplinary action in order to ensure adequate and competent staffing for the agency, program, division, or institution.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related discipline/field from an accredited college or university
Experience: (5) Five years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience. Experience working within an ITIL framework preferred
License/Certification: MCSE, VMWare, Storage, PMP, CCNP, ITIL v3 Certifications preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Working knowledge of Windows, and Apple based operating systems
- Self-driven professional, very detail oriented.
- Strong verbal and written skills are required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong project management skills.
- Knowledge of applications (Spreadsheets, apps, systems, how to run them)
- Strong experience in customer support
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Ability to deploy and configure monitoring tools
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English effectively at a level appropriate for the safe and effective performance of the job.