San Francisco Peninsula , CA
- Candidates will be responsible for developing a collection of hardware libraries and application level firmware on a Cortex-M based processor, using C/C++ and ARM assembly (THUMB2 architecture).
- Candidates will develop code according to MISRA-C standards for highly reliable and mission-critical software. Our customers will not tolerate 'mystery crashes'.
- Candidates will develop their own white box and black box tests and be able to verify the integrity of their code, as well as taking ownership of the stability and performance of the system with each change and addition.
- Candidates will be responsible for adequately documenting and maintaining their code, as well as dutifully and responsibly using version control (GIT).
- Candidate should have experience with standard RTOS such ads FreeRTOS, ThreadX and such
- Further welcome skills are a background in electrical engineering and another engineering discipline (Mechanical, Chemical, Bio, etc.)
- Candidates will have had a minimum of 3 years experience working in the industry on similarly scoped and constrained projects. Preference will be given to those candidates who have worked at larger companies, and have proven experience shipping product to millions of customers.
- Candidates must have strong programming skills in C/C++, and be able to write highly portable and platform agnostic code.
- Candidates must know and be comfortable with using at least one scripting language.
- Preference given to familiarity with Windows Batch/Powershell.
- Candidates must have a deep understanding of engineering tradeoffs between speed, code size, and memory impact. The successful candidate will be able to quickly identify the critical factors in a given task and reason based on specifications and customer needs what the best way forward is. Knowledge of data structures and algorithms is prefered.