Menlo Park, CA
The Electrical Engineer III will be responsible for developing electrical systems for company products. Development tasks may include feasibility, requirements definition, design, design verification, test system development, manufacturing procedure development, and production transfer activities at various stages of the product development cycle. Development will be conducted in accordance with the company quality system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be
assigned as necessary):
- Develop electrical systems for the company’s products in accordance with the company quality system.
- Define electrical specifications for the company’s products, ensuring the specifications align with overall product and system specifications.
- Conduct research and prototyping to assess the feasibility of new product designs and the ability to meet requirements.
- Conduct risk analyses of the electrical systems and document the results.
- Design the electrical systems of the company’s products, ensuring the design meets all requirements and is optimized with the system design, including mechanical and software design and manufacturability.
- Document the electrical design with released drawings and specifications, including component specifications.
- Develop design verification plans, protocols and test methods, which will provide evidence that the electrical specifications and risk mitigations are met. Conduct design verification testing and document the test results in design verification reports.
- Develop manufacturing procedures, fixtures and test systems, ensuring suitability for production transfer.
- Participate in product design and development reviews and product phase reviews. Complete all action items as directed.
- Provide input for project schedules. Ensure assigned tasks are completed per the project schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
The Electrical Engineering position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, and a minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the following areas is preferred: board-level design, micro-electronics, sound processing, audio, optics, lab instrumentation, including analog/digital electronic measurements. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and problem solving skills are required.