San Jose, CA
- Provide proactive technical support and education (including troubleshooting, correct operating procedures, selection based on application and/or supporting engineering physics) on existing products and technologies to customers (end-users, dealer representatives, system integrators, and OEMs) as well as company staff.
- Good communication and teaching skills are crucial. Appropriate communication methods should be used - this can include customer visits, video/telephone conferences, email. Taking ownership of the problem until the issue is resolved is expected. Product knowledge and operational experience are key tools for completing this task.
- Accountable to support a percentage of product family as a member of the Product Support Team.
- Technical team lead for custom designed products and large projects for high value ($ and/or strategic) customers requiring advanced Application Engineer support. Interfacing with the customer, sales, marketing, and company’s site in Japan.
- Advanced technical support that goes beyond the actual product and may cover things like product application. Detailed knowledge of the manufacturing process, production quality control, design rules, as well as applicable regulations and standards is necessary.
- Perform testing and evaluation for proper operation and software compatibility on existing as well as prototype and beta release/pre-production products. Inform the product design group of any issues with product functionality. Share the laboratory experimental results by writing technical note.
- Maintaining and updating demo/loan devices.
- As the product specialist or subject matter expert, the Application Engineer3 will participate in product release preparations.
- Understanding new technologies and features, as well as operation requires good communication with company’s site in Japan, as documentation will be sparse in the beginning. Collaborating with Marketing and create material to educate sales.
- Represent company at conferences, trade shows and seminars as a product and technology specialist.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with key leading researchers, engineers, and scientists. Attending conferences, giving talks, visiting research facilities, collaborating on projects, and interacting with the community.
- Proactively seek out projects where their skill set will facilitate the sale.
- Take on the role of mentoring and training sales marketing and technology in the area of product specialization.
- 5 yrs. job experience in technical support or related field OR 5 yrs. job experience in technical support or related field
- 2 years+ of supporting image sensor related products and supporting designing electrical circuit
- or 2 years+ PCB layout/design or IC chip layout/design experience (must include Analog & Digital design)
- Ability to travel up to 25%, possibly international and the ability to transport yourself to and from appointments.
- Bachelor's of Science in Physics, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Project management experience
- Applications knowledge