Ambulatory Project Manager
Menlo Park, CA
The IT EpicCare Ambulatory Project Manager is responsible for facilitating and managing all aspects of application projects that support the development, implementation, quality assurance, and deployment for new technologies intended for use in the outpatient clinics. The incumbent will manage scope, develop and maintain project plans, report status to senior leadership, track issues, risks and assumptions, and coordinate project teams that may include physicians, business/clinic operations, revenue cycle, medical records, and other business units and cross-functional IS teams. Other duties include assessment of new software technologies/solutions, vendor selection, research on regulatory guidelines, workflow analysis and documentation, impact analysis, training as needed, and supporting end users.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital’s policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
- Assures smooth turnover of projects both at the initiation as well as the conclusion to users.
- Collaborates with User Groups to maintain an ongoing understanding of business issues and needs.
- Coordinates with and direct third party vendors.
- Creates project organizational structure and team composition; facilitate communication between project team members on deliverables.
- Determines project scope and deliverables, sets project expectations; develops and manages project plans e.g., identification of user requirements, analysis and design, buy/ proposals, contract negotiations, risk assessment, specification development, development and implementation, installation, configuration, testing, training, documentation, policy and procedure development, issue resolution, marketing, communication, and go-live customer support.
- Develops training, testing, and security plans to meet defined business requirements working with the appropriate business owners or authority.
- Monitors project schedule and budget; facilitates discussions on the assessment, documentation, and recommendations on business process flow to achieve project objectives.
- Works with users to identify and assess organizational strategies and systems/applications that meet operational needs.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related field/discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
- License/Certification: EpicCare Ambulatory certification highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus.
- Ability to research and interpret relevant regulations, guidelines, and standards.
- Ability to speak and write effectively at a level appropriate for the job.
- Ability to strategize, plan and implement change.
- Ability to supervise, coach, mentor, train, and evaluate work results.
- Knowledge and understanding of needs, goals, deliverables and interdependencies of various functional groups and departments in a health care environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of technical disciplines including programmers, systems analyst, and networking in a healthcare environment involving multiple applications and interfaces.
- * Knowledge and understanding of the integration of information systems with specific organizational business needs and plans.
- Knowledge of the EpicCare Ambulatory module and new technologies (in specific field) and maintain and stay abreast of updates and changes.
- Knowledge of clinical workflows in an Ambulatory setting.
- Knowledge of PC applications (MS Office and MS Project) and the ability to write reports.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization and administration.