- Directly supervise the Accounts Receivable Supervisor, the Accounts Payable Administrator, the Accounts Payable Specialists, and the Accounting Administrator. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees. Communicate job expectations; plan, monitor, appraise, and review job contributions; plan and review compensation actions; enforce company policies and procedures.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable and the Accounting Administrator including cash disbursements, invoice/billing, cash receipts, customer credits and collections, budgeting, and perpetual inventory integrity in order to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy. Audit departmental accounting data, identify and correct errors, identify and compute accruals, apply accounting principles to transactions and recommend revision in departmental procedures to ensure conformance with applicable statutes, laws and General Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly/quarterly/year end close. Ensure timely reporting of all monthly financial information. Address tight deadlines. Use professional accounting concepts and internal company policies to solve complex accounting issues.
- Review and approve commission payments to ensure compliance with documented and approved commission policies.
- Coordinate and facilitate the process of documenting accounting policies and procedures. Guide other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy and applying observations and recommendations to operational issues. Represent the Accounting Department point of view in cross-functional meetings with other department managers.
- Respond to inquiries from the VP of Finance, Controller, other firm wide managers and internal and external auditors regarding financial results, operational transactions and other reporting requests as required. Support the Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements. Involvement with upper management as required in special project requests. Maintain financial security by ensuring compliance with existing internal controls (SOX Compliance). Protect the organization's value by keeping company information confidential.
- Ongoing participation and compliance with the company's Quality Management System (QMS).
- Special projects as assigned.
- BA/BS in Accounting and 7 years experience in accounting and financial reporting which demonstrate progressive levels of responsibility
- 5 years supervisory (or managing) experience
- 5 years experience working with ERP systems
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Internal Controls
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, work under pressure, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced setting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and intermediate Word skills
- Experience maintaining a high level of confidentiality and ethical performance
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Inventory management
- ERP Systems: Oracle, SAP, Sage, SYSPRO, Microsoft Dynamics, InforSyteLine, IQMS, Netsuite, Epicore, IFS Applications
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- CPA certificate