Mountain View, CA
The Accounts Payable Specialist will support the Accounting team. In the company’s fast-pasted environment, the AP Specialist will verify and reconcile invoices, controlling expenses and compile reports by completing payments in a timely manner and maintaining accurate AP records. The position reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Responsible for processing high volume and full cycle accounts payable including 3-way PO matching, 2-way matching and check requests. This includes routing invoices for approvals, coding and entering invoices, and processing payments
- Ensure entered bills, invoices, and check requests have the appropriate supporting documents, approvals and account/department coding
- Maintain data for physician related payments as it relates to the Sunshine Act
- Resolve purchase order, invoice or payment discrepancies
- Obtain, maintain and update vendor records (W-9’s, WT, payment mailing addresses, etc.)
- Responsible for vendor relations
- Interface with vendors as well as teammates
- Prepares analysis of accounts as required
- Related administrative duties such as copying, filing and maintaining vendor accounts
- Assist with quarterly and year end audits
- Comply with and promote corporate policies, procedures and ensure proper internal controls are being followed.
- Provide support to the finance team and all other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred, but not required.
- 2-3 years relevant professional experience in general corporate accounting and/or auditing corporate financial statements.
- Familiar with internal control procedures and document processes.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with a variety of personnel including scientific, commercial and operational staff.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Innovative and able to thrive in a high paced environment.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to adhere to timelines.
- Proactive and timely problem solver.
- Proficiency in MS Office with knowledge of Excel.